Danielson Group Wealth Management at Assante Capital Management Ltd., Vancouver, BC 2015-2016
High-net-worth financial planning practice with approx. $500 million under management
Director of Practice Management & Marketing
Led the execution of strategies approved by the partners and managed day-to-day operations. Tracked and reported key performance indicators on a weekly and quarterly basis.
- Demonstrated effective leadership and sales training skills to set-up team members for success
- Increased Administrative team efficiency and accuracy through a people and process restructuring
- Established service and partnership agreements to minimize business risk and follow best practices
- Increased accountability with the implementation of a sales discipline, process and tracking system
Investors Group Financial Services, South Surrey, BC 2010-2015
IGFS delivers basic financial planning services to over 1 million Canadians through a network of 5,300 advisors
Developed, through financial literacy seminars, a successful financial planning practice focused on the BC Consulting Engineering community. Delivered full-service financial planning which resulted in the purchase and management of mutual funds, stocks and bonds, insurance, mortgages and other debt products.
- Achieved significant client acquisition from delivering 60 financial literacy workshops annually
- Recognized for top client acquisition in BC month over month during 2014
- Increased closing rates to 80% from 20% due to implementing an incremental close sales process
- Recruited and trained new Associates who were results driven and results oriented
Quantum Wealth Management Corp.,Vancouver, BC 2006-2010
A financial technology firm created to revolutionize the delivery of financial services to the public
Co-Founder, VP Marketing & Product Development
Created the business plan, presented to investors, built the technology and product platform, coordinated the branding and created the advisor education needed to transfer assets to Quantum:
- Raised 10% of the capital needed to get to Beta test phase
- Pioneered the development of an early "robo-advisor" mutual fund portfolio trading technology
- Acquired 1 dealer and transferred $40 million of client accounts to the platform
- Developed an industry leading, compliant paperless account opening and risk profiling system
- Created and implemented the dealer and advisor on-boarding project management system
Practice Management Contributor
Advisor.ca & Advisors Edge
January 2004 – December 2007 (4 years)
Contributed over 40 Practice Management and Marketing articles to Advisor's Edge and Advisor.ca for publication to the financial industry in print and online. Many articles were translated into French in print for Conseiller and online for Conseiller.ca. I was regularly highlighted as a top contributor of the Month/Year and then again featured in Special Editorial Calendar Editions. A selection of articles is listed on the Publications page.
Practice Management Contributor
January 2005 – December 2007 (3 years)
Print in English and French Editions. A selection of articles is listed on the Publications page.
YouFoundation, Vancouver, BC 2004-2007
Practice management and personal branding consulting firm which had two services: a workshop creation and delivery service, and an advisor audit and solution implementation program. "Build on the foundation of You."
Founder & President
Developed financial advisor marketing and practice management workshops for mutual fund companies, insurance companies and investment dealers. Workshop participants would then lead the transformation process from "habitual mediocrity" to a world of "routine excellence".
- Delivered over 150 practice management workshops to financial advisors over 24 months
- Increased market share of a major international fund company's product by 26% in one year
- Published over 45 articles on high-profile industry websites
- Continued my push to help financial advisors move from product salespeople to advice-led relationship managers
- Developed a reputation as a practice management content expert
The Newsletter Factory Inc., Vancouver, BC 1993-2007
Financial Advisor Marketing and Communications firm serving advisors throughout Canada and the US.
Founder & President
Based on a belief that empowered clients make better decisions when they are informed, created a service to deliver a better client experience through financial literacy. Developed a system to create personalize communications between advisors and clients. Created and directed all aspects of the strategy, growth and expansion of the company.
- Managed a significant annual operating budget and a writing & design team of 8
- Innovated a system to interview advisors and learn and archive their conversational patterns then incorporate them into pre-written article templates
- Delivered over 3,500 marketing projects on behalf of clients
- Created, branded, and successfully sold 2 marketing tools (Referral Guide, Graphic Overview)
- Pioneered the use of financial literacy to help advisors transition from product salespeople to relationship advisors and raise the benchmark for service
- Developed a reputation as a personal finance content expert
School of Hard Knocks, Sheer Try & Exploration
Teaching Assistant BCIT School of Business
January 1987 – April 1993 (6 years 4 months) Burnaby Campus
Worked as a Teaching Assistant for the School of Business. Exam invigilation for Degree & Certificate bound students in accounting, marketing, and economics. Supported instructors/Professors with teaching assistant related work.
Accountant - CN IMAX THEATRE AT CANADA PLACE and OMNIMAX THEATRE AT SCIENCE WORLD
June 1987 – September 1989 (2 years 4 months) Downtown Vancouver
Established corporate processes and systems for record keeping, bookkeeping, budgeting, payroll and all revenue, sales. and expense centers. Developed a Cost of Goods Sold model for Food & Beverage. Assisted in the development of administration and accounting systems for Corporate Theaters throughout North America as IMAX expanded its Corporate Theatre Business.
Self-Employed-Desktop Publisher - Residential Realty Marketing
April 1985 – September 1987 (2 years 6 months) Richmond, BC
With an early Apple Macintosh, a laser printer and the first version of PageMaker, I created a small home-based business which helped Realtors create Residential "Sell Sheets" at a 70% cost reduction.
Grocery Clerk :) - Super Valu RIchmond Centre Mall
1984 – 1987 (3 years) Richmond, BC
- Developed a fascination for why people buy what they buy
- Learned to understand customer habits through observation and conversation
- Created a clean and tidy entrance for customers
- Collected grocery carts, packed bags, stocked and faced shelves, aisle clean-up, carried groceries to customer's cars, & compacted boxes for recycling.
- Discovered that I enjoyed a regular client service interaction/exchange
Paperboy :) The Vancouver Sun
1980 – 1985 (5 years) Richmond, BC
- Door-to-Door Sales of Newspaper Subscriptions
- 5 Territories delivered to 6 days per week (i.e. quickly learned to leverage time through hiring/managing friends :) )
- Collected monthly revenue and paid invoices from the Newspaper
- Lots of very nice Christmas cards from my clients who were great neighbours (who appreciated a dry newspaper in a wet environment:) )
- Learned how to cater my service to clients with different needs.